"Written with beautiful lucidity… will hold the readers."
– Philip Bernstein, Executive Vice President Emeritus, Council of Jewish Federations
"Partners and Pursestrings is a must for anyone wishing to understand more about Israel's relations with American Jewry,"
– Yuval Elitzur, Ma'ariv
"Details… the UIA's rich history, one in which some of the great ideological and political struggles of American Jewish communal life and of the relationship between the American Jewish community and its counterpart in the land of Israel have been played out over the years…. Enormous value… eminently worth reading."
– Dr. Jonathan Woocher, Executive Vice President, Jewish Education Service of North America (review in American Jewish History)
"Finally we have a clear and authoritative book about the greatest of Jewish philanthropies…. Essential for the understanding of the American Jewish community's dynamics."
– Prof. Lloyd P. Gartner, Dept. of Jewish History, Tel Aviv University.
"The first serious academic history of the Zionist and pro-Israel fund-raising apparatus in the United States…. Fascinating."
– Prof. Daniel J. Elazar, Dept. of Political Studies, Bar-Ilan University
"Fascinating probe into the history of American Jewish fund-raising for Israel."
– Charles Hoffman in The Jerusalem Post
And more recently:
"A rich but highly readable and accessible narrative… a feat of brilliance.
I and anyone else who produces any work on American Jewish philanthropy in Israel will forever be indebted to you…."
– From a 2014 letter to the author by Dr. Eric Fleisch, Lecturer in Near Eastern and Judaic Studies, Brandeis University